Sunday, June 16, 2013

Farmer's Market

Lippis Farm at the OCC Farmer's Market. 
One of my most favorite things is the Farmer's Market here on Saturdays. Since we had snow in May and last week was almost 100 degrees, combined with no rain, there is only one guy that has actual produce, but he is my favorite, organic, family owned, wonderful, local guy, so I am very happy. So far they have lettuce, spinach, radishes, baby beets, herbs and eggs (though I don't get there early enough for the eggs) and it is all amazing. I got a bit of everything and am super excited to see what it becomes in the kitchen. I see green salads, green smoothies, grain salads, pasta dishes, oh my! Last week I got some of their lemon balm and have been experimenting with it. Putting herbs in a simple green salad or quinoa dish tastes like summer to me. This week they had more herbs, so I went out on a limb and got some tarragon as well, I have no idea where it is going to end up and I don't think I have every used it.
Got a bit of everything 
lemon balm, tarragon, parsley, 


P is gone this weekend at a race in NH, so I was making a quick lunch for one. I have read and seen that one way to serve radishes is with butter and salt. I'm fully aware that butter makes everything taste better, but I'm a bit apprehensive about spreading it on a radish like its a piece of toast. I stay with the idea of serving something fatty and creamy to balance the spice of the radish and I go with blue cheese instead. If I'm going to have fat, let it be fat that I like.  Lunch is a farmers market salad, with blue cheese, some left over potato salad (made with last week's lemon balm and let over corn on the cob) and a simple open faced tomato grilled cheese.
Lunch for one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment